About Cure Our Ovarian Cancer
Local awareness/advocacy - global research
In New Zealand
- Ovarian cancer is the 5th most common cause of female cancer death.
- Most women can't name any symptoms, and misdiagnosis is too common.
- We educate women and GPs to encourage earlier diagnosis of all ovarian cancers.
- We advocate for better awareness, access to testing, treatments, clinical trials and research - for all women.
- Low-grade serous cancer is an under-researched ovarian cancer that disproportionately affects young women.
- With current treatments the average survival is a little over 8 years.
- We work with respected charities to raise funds for research, supporting some of the best low-grade serous researchers in the world. They have the skills and knowledge necessary to find a cure for kiwi women. But they need your help to fund their research.
Knowledge is power
We pride ourselves on providing good information that is easy to understand.
The importance of community
No woman should have to face cancer alone. We help women find each other and run an online support group for low-grade serous women's carers, family and friends.
We know every dollar is precious
We privately fund our expenses where possible and publish our annual reports so you can see where every dollar goes.
Our small charity is the largest in the world dedicated to supporting low-grade serous carcinoma research
Our activities really matter. We operate globally but are based in New Zealand. We were established in 2018 by women with low-grade serous ovarian cancer. Our charity registration number is CC55925.