February is ovarian cancer awareness month.
- Ovarian cancer is the 5th most common cause of cancer death in New Zealand.
- NZ’s 5 year survival rates are almost 5% worse than Australia.
- 8 in 10 women with ovarian cancer will be misdiagnosed.
- So you need to know when and what to ask.
- If you are unable to get a public ultrasound, a private ultrasound costs $250-300.
Most women with symptoms won’t have ovarian cancer, but if you do, being tested quickly could save your life. It’s worth the peace of mind to rule it out.
Read more about ovarian cancer symptoms here