Because everyone has something to learn about ovarian cancer
When someone likes us on facebook, instagram and twitter - it increases the likelihood that their friends will see it our posts too. We want to tell as many people as possible about the important work we are doing for women with low-grade serous ovarian cancer. Not to mention sharing the symptoms of ovarian cancer could save a life.
To help us get more support for research.
Donations are critical to the work Cure Our Ovarian Cancer does. But we would like to develop alternative sources of funding too. If we have a large social media following it will make it easier to get commercial sponsors.
Who should you invite to like us on social media?
Everyone! Because everyone needs to know the symptoms of ovarian cancer. And everyone needs to know that women with low-grade serous ovarian cancer need more life-saving research.
Include a personal message in your invitation to explain why Cure Our Ovarian Cancer is important to you, why it helps us, and why it helps them.
- "This organisation is important to me. Please like their page to show support for their work with women with ovarian cancer. They do incredible work supporting research not to mention everyone deserves to know the symptoms of ovarian cancer."
- "My friend was diagnosed with low-grade serous ovarian cancer. Cure Our Ovarian Cancer supports life-saving research on her cancer. Please like their page so that more people can learn about the important work they do, and the symptoms of ovarian cancer."
- "Cure Our Ovarian Cancer is the only charity dedicated to research on my cancer. Please like their page so more people will hear about and support the important work they do. Everyone deserves the opportunity to learn more about ovarian cancer."
Tips for sharing on social media
- We have share buttons ("Share this:") at the bottom of every page on our website. You can share our website pages to facebook, twitter, What's App, gmail and more.
- People are more likely to read and engage with a post on facebook if you add a comment when you share it.
- Think about the privacy setting of your post. If you are happy for anyone to see and share your post, set the privacy setting to public. Otherwise if your friends share your post not everyone will be able to see it. If you are not comfortable making it public that is ok.
- If you share a twitter post add "pls retweet" to encourage others to share it.
Posting about a fundraiser you have created, or your story
- Be personal in your tone. Write the post like you would any of your other Facebook posts as your friends will then be more likely to engage with you.
- When adding Facebook posts about your story include the URL from the Cure Our Ovarian Cancer website and if you’ve appeared in any media articles about this you can include links to them too.
- Facebook has changed the way they show things on their facebook feed. Don't be afraid to make several posts about the same thing over a week of two. Most of your friends won't see every post you make.
- On twitter consider including photos in your tweets. People often retweet images and it will help engage support
- Make your tweet action-oriented – invite others to ‘donate now’ or ‘learn more’ – or ask a question in the tweet if you want to encourage engagement When appropriate include the provided hashtags as well as any other hashtags that might be relevant (for example #cureourovariancancer)
Return to Ovarian Cancer Day homepage